Rules and Regulations
- Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals’ directions. Entrants for the half marathon must be amateur, and 17 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
- Entries to the Windsor Half Marathon are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person’s race number will be disqualified.UK Athletics rules state:
“Numbers are issued to the individual athlete completing the application form except with the specific authority of the Race Organiser. Athletes who receive transferred numbers without permission will be disqualified from the race. Both runners will be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.”
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the race organisers’ control
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
- There is a cut off time for the start – if you arrive later than 13.10pm you will not be allowed to cross the start line as the Glynn Shefford Memorial Run will be assembled at the start.
- No wheeled vehicles (pram’s, buggies etc), dogs, following cycles allowed.
- We strongly recommend that you do not race wearing headphones, you need to be fully aware of the surroundings
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Windsor Half Marathons and reported to UK Athletics
- Team Rules – We do not require competitors to wear official club or team vests except for UK Athletics Affiliated Club runners. Team results will be based on cumulative times (not places)
- Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
- Prize winners are only allowed to receive one prize. E.g. If a veteran runner finishes amongst the first 6 prize winners in the Open Race then he / she will not be eligible for the award in the veteran category.
- It is important to note that we shall using MyLaps Bib Tag with the timing device already being attached to your number and it is very important to wear your number clearly visible on the front of your running vest/t-shirt. Your number must not be altered in anyway or covered by any clothing/tri belt. Do not bend twist or fold your number.
- Runners are NOT required to register before the race.
- Check your bank statement for confirmation of acceptance
- If you suffer from any form of medical condition you must mark the front of your number with a prominent waterproof cross. Please give brief details of your medical condition and what medication you take on the reverse of your number. For further medical information please download the information sheet here.
- The moment you enter our race we start to incur administrative costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. We also incur further charges in administering cancellations and processing refund payments.
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside our control, for instance by order of the government due to foot and mouth. Your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, and the main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc are already committed well before race day.
- Furthermore most races do not offer any form of refund at all if a runner decides to cancel their place because of injury, illness, lack of training or change of plan. There are many other instances of higher priced services, such as plane, train or theatre tickets where no refunds can be given for cancellation in these circumstances.
- Running in someone else’s race number can have very serious consequences if the runner suffers a medical emergency – we have had cases where we have been unable to identify or contact families of runners who have suffered potentially life-threatening conditions whilst using someone else’s race number. The accuracy of the race results is also affected when runners are placed in the wrong age and sex category.
- Transfers of an entry to another person are permitted with the organisers consent up until 11th September 2015. Please download a substitution entry form, the substitute must fill it in and send it with your name and address with a cheque for £10 made payable to Windsor Half Marathon to Windsor Half Marathon, PO Box 2070, Stourbridge, West Midlands. DY8 1WX. Please note that your race number must not be given to anyone else, this will result in them being disqualified and also if part of a team, this will result in the team being disqualified.
You will not receive any notification until your race pack arrives by post 10 – 14 days before the event. To find out if you have been accepted please check the ‘Am I In’ section on the web site or check your bank statement.
Race hotline: 01782 388128
Send entries to:
Windsor Half Marathon Office,
PO Box 2070,