WHM Corporate Challenge
The Windsor Half Marathon Corporate Challenge is a unique team building and fundraising opportunity for businesses and guests competing at one of the most iconic road race venues in the UK: Windsor Great Park.
The Corporate Challenge helps to build Teamwork, creates Competition between businesses, and Fitness within the workplace, whilst raising Money for charities based within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
The Windsor Half sells out each year within months of release of entries. 500 places in the half marathon are specifically reserved for entrants representing businesses teams. Each Corporate Challenge entrant pledges to raise a minimum of £100 each for the designated charity, chosen by the Team.
There is no limit to the number of entrants in each team (subject to the overall limit of 500 places), but a minimum of 4 runners are required to score in the team results and to qualify for the separate men’s and women’s trophies.
Guest runners are welcomed – invite your clients, suppliers, friends and family. The event is ideal for inter-branch or inter-departmental challenges – see how head office really matches up against the local branch, Finance against IT, or management vs staff, and of course businesses are positively encouraged to challenge your competitors to “meet up” on the start line!
Race day hospitality packages are available for Corporate Challenge Teams, plus sponsorship opportunities at the event for business partners. Presenting a unique networking experience, breaking down normal ‘rules of engagement’ and providing an opportunity to engage face to face with 5,000 participants and 10,000 spectators at this spectacular community event.
How to Enter
Entering the Corporate Challenge is a 3-stage process
- Step 1 – the designated Team Captain registers the Team Name and company details – Click Here
- Step 2 – the Windsor Half Race Secretary will Verify your team name and provide your Team Captain with Entry Instructions for team members
- Step 3 – the Team Captain circulates the entry instructions to all Team Members inviting them to purchase and register their own individual Race Entries under their Team Name – Price: As advertised at the time of entry – subject to places still remaining
- Entries – Strictly on a First Come First Served Basis
Terms & conditions apply – see below
Corporate Challenge Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Corporate Challenge entrants compete as individual runners in the half marathon alongside the general public and charity entrants, whilst also representing their business team.
- Each Corporate Challenge entrant will be required to undertake to raise a minimum of £100 for the Team’s designated Charity. We would be grateful if you could provide us with details of your fundraising after the event.
- Team Captains will be required to act as company representative and point of contact for the race organiser, and to submit regular reports on their team’s fundraising after the event.
- Entry to the Corporate Challenge is open to employees, owners, families and guests of any UK registered business or corporation (including HM forces & government departments)
- Entries are personal to the registrant and cannot be transferred.
- Minimum age 17 years on race date.
- The winning first Men’s Team and first Women’s Team will each receive a unique Windsor Half Corporate Challenge Trophy.
- The Company who raises the largest amount for Charity will also receive a Windsor Half Marathon Corporate Challenge Trophy
- Each scoring team comprises the fastest 4 members identified on the day by the results computer, calculated by lowest aggregate finishing time, in two categories – male and female. There is no limit to the number of non-scoring team members – subject to entries being available.
- Corporate Challenge entrants are also eligible to score in the open prize categories. Affiliated athletic club members are also eligible to score for their club team.
- Corporate Challenge entry conditions are supplemental to the Windsor Half Marathon terms and conditions of entry, Race Rules and UK Athletics Rules of Competition.